We get it, school is expensive. Tuition, fees, books, transit – it all adds up. And that doesn’t include those extras that you may not have even realized you’d need: uniforms, tool kits, field trips and more. So what do you do when you have additional costs that weren’t in the budget? IGNITE is here to help.
IGNITE has partnered with Humber Advancement and Alumni to provide you with Learning Essentials Support, a new financial support service designed to help cover the cost of your program’s learning essential items, from $50 up to a maximum of $500 per academic year.
Examples of learning essential items that we support include, but are not limited to:
- Equipment (uniforms, tool kits, cosmetic kits, etc.)
- Software (MyITLab access, etc.)
- Training & Professional Memberships (Suicide Prevention Training, Soundscan membership, etc.)
- Experiential (final projects, field trips, etc.)
To apply, you must:
- Be currently enrolled as a full-time student at Humber College
- Be registered in a program with learning essential requirements for your current semester*
- Fill out a budget calculator and explain your need for funding
If your application is approved, you will receive a confirmation email with further instructions, details and the total value amount awarded based on your program requirements. Successful applicants should expect their award via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT).
*Learning essentials are determined in advance by each program and broken down by semester. If your program has learning essential requirements that are not listed in the application process, please contact Mellissa Khuai, Manager of Career Success.
How to Apply:
Funds for the Fall 2020 semester have been exhausted, and applications are currently closed. Learning Essentials Support will re-open on Tuesday, Jan. 19.
Humber students, click here to log into MyHumber and view available scholarships.
For more information, please download the Learning Essentials Support FAQ.