We get it, school is expensive. Tuition, fees, books, transit – it all adds up. And that doesn’t include those extras that you may not have even realized you’d need: uniforms, took kits, field trips and more. So what do you do when you have additional costs that weren’t in the budget? IGNITE is here to help.
IGNITE partners with Humber Advancement and Alumni and University of Guelph-Humber to provide you with Learning Essentials Support, a financial service designed to help cover the cost of your program’s learning essential items, from $50 up to a maximum of $500 per academic year.
Examples of learning essential items that we support include, but are not limited to:
- Equipment (uniforms, tool kits, cosmetic kits, etc.)
- Software (MyITLab access, etc.)
- Training & Professional Memberships (Suicide Prevention Training, Soundscan membership, etc.)
- Experiential (final projects, field trips, etc.)
How to Apply
Applications for IGNITE’s Learning Essentials Support open September 20, 2022 for current Humber College and University of Guelph-Humber students.
To apply, you must:
- Be currently enrolled as a full-time student at Humber College or the University of Guelph-Humber .
- Be registered in a program with learning essential requirements for your current semester*
- Fill out a budget calculator and explain your need for funding
If your application is approved, you will receive a confirmation email with further instructions, details and the total value amount awarded based on your program requirements.
*Learning essentials are determined in advance by each program. If your program has learning essential requirements that are not listed in the application process, please contact IGNITE.
For more information, please download the Learning Essentials Support FAQ.
UofGH students, click here to complete the online application form