Are you interested in being a leader at UofGH and a voice for the peers in your program? If so, you should be an Academic Program Rep!
The Guelph-Humber Academic Program Representative program was created to help University of Guelph-Humber students safely voice concerns about their program to their student peers. The APR’s gather these concerns and bring them before the faculty, and work through the resolution process to help ensure these issues are addressed and dealt with.
For instance, do you feel like there’s a course in your program that isn’t as effective as it could be? The APR gathers that feedback from other students in the program and delivers it to the head of the program to help instill real change.
Not only is this a great opportunity for you to get more involved on campus, but to also build stronger relationships with those in your program and the faculty.
Listen to your peers, advocate for their needs, suggest program improvements and help make your program the best it can be! You are the link between the students and the faculty. With your voice, change can happen.
If you’re interested in applying, please submit a 500 word essay of why you’re interested in being an Academic Program Rep, along with your transcripts and resume. See below for all the details and the full application!
You will provide a consistent, thoughtful, and researched student voice. Your job will revolve around unbiasedly gathering, analyzing, and representing student concerns and issues. Your term will run August 2021 – April 2022.
Specific duties will include:
- Meeting with your Program Head and Academic Advisor at the beginning of the semester
- Collecting and analyzing student feedback throughout the year
- Attending Curriculum Committee meetings to discuss the student feedback you have gathered and analyzed
- Updating students in your program about your Curriculum Committee meetings
- Writing a transition report at the end of each semester
- Maintaining open door communications with students in and outside the IGNITE Leadership Lounge
- Attending check-in meetings with Manager, Leadership & Advocacy
To apply, You will need to provide:
- Letter of interest
- Academic transcript