As long as you’ve paid the IGNITE Health and Dental Fee , and are a Full-Time student, IGNITE’s insurance plan has you covered, no matter what your needs are. Click the link below to choose the plan that’s right for you. Until then, you’re automatically enrolled in the Balanced Plan. If only attending one semester, coverage is for that semester only.
To choose your plan, file a claim, and contact live chat support, visit: wespeakstudent.com.
General Plan Information
Group Number: 514561
Certificate Number (HUMBER): Z0 _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (the last 8 digits of your student number)
Example: If your student ID is n12345678, your certificate number is Z012345678.
Certificate Number (GUELPH-HUMBER): Z00 _ _ _ _ _ _ _ (the last 7 digits of your student number)
Example: If your student ID is 1234567, your certificate number is Z001234567.
Questions about IGNITE’s Health & Dental Insurance Program? Please contact Nicole Mitskopoulos, Student Wellness Manager.
Fall 2020 Opt Out Eligibility
- Students who are starting their academic year in September 2020 are eligible to opt-out, provided they have paid the IGNITE Health and Dental Fee with their tuition for Fall 2020.
- The opt-out period is open from August 21, 2020 until October 9, 2020 at 4:00pm.
- Students who opted out of their plan for the Summer 2020 semester will have to opt out again in Fall 2020.
- Students who opt out in Fall 2020 will be opting out for Fall 2020 AND Winter 2021.
- Please visit wespeakstudent.com and select “Opt Out”.
Prescription Opt Out Only
Full-time students who qualify for OHIP+ may opt-out of the prescription portion of the Flexible Insurance Plan.
- Students must be 24 years of age or under
- Have OHIP coverage
- Are not covered by a private plan (i.e. a family plan or your employer plan)
- Proof of coverage (your OHIP card number) must be provided. The opt-out period is open from August 21, 2020 until October 9, 2020 at 4:00pm.
- Please visit wespeakstudent.com for more information and to opt out.
Entire Plan Opt Out
Students already covered under another insurance plan may opt-out of IGNITE’s Health and Dental Insurance Plan. Proof of alternative coverage must be provided. The opt-out period is open from August 21, 2020 until October 9, 2020 at 4:00pm.
Students with spouses and/or children also have the ability to opt in their immediately family members to coverage.
- Please visit wespeakstudent.com and select “Family Opt In”.
- The family opt-in period is open from August 21, 2020 until October 9, 2020 at 4:00pm.
COVID-19 Insurance Update
All student health plans will receive an extension of coverage from August 31st, 2020 to September 30th, 2020. This is to provide all plan members additional time to make appointments, submit claims and utilize the coverage that you are entitled to.
Please see this FAQ from WeSpeakStudent for further questions about your insurance plan relating to COVID-19.