Launching on June 1, in honour of Pride Month, is the IGNITE Pride Scholarship. Each summer, this $1,000 scholarship will be granted to a total of five students from Humber College and the University of Guelph-Humber’s 2SLGBTQ+ community.
IGNITE recognizes the unique challenges 2SLGBTQ+ members face, including social stigma and higher levels of financial insecurity. With this scholarship, IGNITE hopes to offer better support and alleviate some of the financial hardships disproportionately affecting this community.
Applications for the 2023 Pride Scholarship will open on Thursday, June 1st and will remain open until Friday, June 30th. Follow the link below to submit your application.
In order to qualify, you must:
- be a student (full-time or part-time) enrolled at Humber College or the University of Guelph-Humber in the Summer 2023 and/or Fall 2023 semesters
- currently be in good academic standing in your program
- identify as part of the 2SLGBTQ+ Community
- have demonstrated leadership experience and/or community involvement
The application consists of three questions. Please keep responses to maximum of 250 words per question. You will also have the opportunity to upload references from current or former employers, colleagues, volunteer supervisors, professors, coaches, etc.
- As a 2SLGBTQ+ student, what has been your experience on-campus so far?
- Describe your past or present community or volunteer involvement. Feel free to also share what type of community or volunteer work you would like to do in the future.
- What ways will this scholarship help you be a leaders in the 2SLGBTQ+ community on campus?
For any further questions regarding the application process, please email Kristin Galvan, Manager, Leadership & Advocacy.
The application period for the Pride Scholarship has closed. Winning recipients will be contacted by email no later than July 14. For any further questions regarding the application process, please email Kristine Galvan, Manager, Leadership & Advocacy.