|Job Title:||Board of Directors|
|Number of Positions:||1|
|Position Type:||Part Time|
|Term:||July 2023 – April 2024|
|Compensation:||approx. $2000/semester (depending on engagement)|
|Application Deadline:||approx. June 13, 2023|
The primary role of a Director is to facilitate communication between IGNITE and the students enrolled at the College/University. Board of Directors are responsible for providing the governance framework of which the IGNITE management is ultimately accountable and ensure desired targets are being achieved. Board of Directors govern the affairs of IGNITE, set its strategic direction, and approve all major decisions that affect how the organization represents the student body.
- Be accountable to the student body by proactively seeking input and feedback
- Act as an ambassador of IGNITE within the Humber and Guelph-Humber community
- Be responsible, approachable and accessible to all students, specifically those associated with your campus
- Attend and participate at the Annual General Meeting and to encourage your student constituents to participate
- Set organizational priorities through an annual strategic planning process
- Articulate key performance targets for management to achieve
- Align resources with key outcome measures through the annual budgeting process
- Monitor the performance of the organization in relation to IGNITE’s mission, vision, and values
- Measure management’s implementation of board stated-objectives
- Assess IGNITE’s annual financial statements
Use Sound Governance
- Adhere to IGNITE Bylaws, Policies and Procedures
- Safeguard and promote the welfare and interests of the student, whether intellectual, cultural, social, recreational or otherwise
- Serve as a voting member
- Ensure IGNITE’s commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the students they serve
- Current full-time student who will also be a student for the 2023-24 academic year
- Must not be on academic probation
- Flexible and accessible for all board meetings
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be observant and informed of the IGNITE Bylaws, Policies and Procedures
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Organizational and time management skills
- Problem solving and decision-making ability
*Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Board members may perform other related duties as required.
IGNITE Student Union (IGNITE) is a non-profit organization and the official student union representing more than 33,000 full-time students of Humber College and the University of Guelph-Humber. With offices located at the North and Lakeshore campuses, IGNITE provides students with exciting events, essential services, and leadership opportunities.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a letter of interest and resume via email to Lionel Campbell, Board Administrator. Students in their first semester must also submit an unofficial transcript. Please include “Board of Directors” in the subject line.
IGNITE is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, per the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). IGNITE will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. This document is available in an alternate format on request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.