Ready for a two-day, in-person celebration this year? In partnership with Humber’s BSSE, the Black Excellence Conference will take place on Thursday, Oct. 20, starting at 5 p.m. and Friday, Oct. 21, beginning at 10 a.m.
This year's theme represents the Black community in the corporate world, their challenges, their journeys to success, and advice for Black students.
Day One of the conference will be hosted at our Lakeshore campus in the G Building BMO Innovation Commons and will kick off with networking with industry experts from various fields including: education, arts and culture as well as business and technology. Mix and mingle with professionals from the industries of your choice from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
But wait, there’s more!
Join us back on Day Two at our North campus at the E concourse from 10 a.m. - 11 a.m. for a spoken word and steel pan band, followed by an intellectual panel discussion from 12 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. hosted by Stefan Thomas, former IGNITE Board of Directors with panelist speakers: Aidan Sykes, manager and artist marketer for SONY Music, Josette Holness, the founder of Beautiful Women Society Media as well as Ciera Hamilton, learning and development at Cisco.
Plus, during the event, you can shop around the vendor marketplace exploring different Black-owned businesses and you’ll also have a chance to win an iPad Air!
What’s in it for me?
- Free event admission
- Networking with industry experts and professionals of your choice
- A chance to explore different Black-owned businesses
- A chance to win an iPad Air
Thursday, Oct. 20, 5 p.m
Lakeshore Campus, G Building BMO Innovation Commons
- 5 p.m. - 7 p.m. - Networking with industry experts. Students can mix and mingle with professionals from the industries of their choice.
Friday, Oct. 21, 10 a.m.
North Campus, E Concourse
- 10 a.m. - 11 a.m. - Spoken Word and steel pan band
- 12 - 1:30 p.m. Panel discussion and Q/A session