Job Title: Well-Being & Financial Security Lead
|Campus: Currently remote-work environment, permanent location TBD|
|Position Type: Full -Time, 1-year contract||Number of Positions: One (1)|
The Well-Being & Financial Security Lead works under the supervision of the Manager, Student Wellness to support health and wellness related services and offerings. The Lead role is a combination of administrative assistance, project management and leadership. The Lead will work collaboratively with internal IGNITE departments to collaborate on events, campaigns, and other service offerings. We are looking for someone that is passionate about the student experience, health and wellness, self-motivated, and detail oriented.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Manager, Student Wellness with operations and administrative tasks related to virtual service delivery, training, and data management/insights
- Responsible for reviewing and awarding wellness related offerings for students (Soupbar Delivery, Menstrual Program Delivery and other Health and Wellness related events)
- Reach out to external and internal partners to collaborate on events and service offerings, with an Equity, Diversity and Inclusion focus
- Contributing to and monitoring the quality of the student experience from our service offerings by evaluating student feedback, data collection/insights and satisfaction surveys
- Research and contribute insights to services and programming in the areas of student wellness
- Other administrative task as required from time to time
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with individuals from a variety of backgrounds and cultures.
- Passion for supporting student’s health and well-being
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Showcase initiative and independence with minimal supervision
- Good judgment and decision-making ability to prioritize projects
- Understanding of the strategic plan, programs and services provided by IGNITE
- Ability to exhibit a professional attitude and image with a commitment to quality service
- Must either be a current Humber College or University of Guelph-Humber fee-paying student at the time of application or recent graduate (Within 1 year of graduating)
- Must commit a minimum of 35 hours/week
IGNITE Student Union (IGNITE) is a non-profit organization and the official student union representing more than 33,000 full-time students of Humber College and the University of Guelph-Humber. With offices located at the North and Lakeshore campuses, IGNITE provides student with exciting events, essential services and leadership opportunities.
Interested candidates should fill out the application and attach their resume and cover letter below.
IGNITE is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of our students and our city. We actively seek qualified individuals with demonstrated skill and knowledge to deal with all aspects of diversity in a post-secondary environment.
IGNITE is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). IGNITE will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. This document is available in alternate format on request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required by the organization.