|Job Title:||Social Media Coordinator|
|Campus:||North or Lakeshore|
|Number of Positions:||1|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
The Social Media Coordinator is responsible for the management of IGNITE’s social media channels and related communications, and reports directly to the Manager, PR & Communications. As part of a diverse team, this position will work collaboratively to manage social media channels that contribute to a robust and positive student life atmosphere.
Through innovative ideas, creative copy and graphics, transparency and trustworthiness with students, and attention to detail, the incumbent will ensure that students are supported, engaged and enjoying their post-secondary experience. They will develop and manage social calendars, social media content and strategies, plan and execute social media contests, work with paid ads and marketing budgets, while supporting the Manager, PR & Communications in additional aligned projects and work.
The Social Media Coordinator will ensure all digital communications are in alignment with IGNITE’s brand and strategic plan.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Content calendar scheduling and strategizing:
- Responsible for IGNITE’s social media channels and calendars
- Create and manage annual content calendars for all IGNITE social channels: Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Plan and strategize campaigns based on the IGNITE corporate calendar, to support all initiatives and events
Part-time student staff management:
- Hiring, training and performance management of student Online Engagement Editors (OEE)
- Assist OEE staff in creating content and/or copy for IGNITE social media channels and printed graphics
- Edit OEE staff copy, memes and graphics
- Create, edit and post social media posts in the absence of OEE staff
- Monitor social media inboxes during evenings and weekends
- Regularly monitor all Humber College, University of Guelph-Humber, and other post-secondary sector news pages, social accounts and channels
- Participate in sector-related workshops, presentation and brainstorms when appropriate
- Stay up to date on student union/association news, events, and initiatives
Research and innovation:
- Stay up to date on best practices, trends, and social media platforms
- Be aware of post-secondary education trends, topics of discussion, and timelines
- Consider ways to remain innovative within the field and sector
Additional communication tasks:
- Support on corporate communication tasks like press releases, media statements, graphics copy, and more
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSAs)
To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate the following key competencies:
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation skills
- A strong collaborator, leveraging interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships with people at all levels of the organization
- Initiative and accountability for planned and unplanned tasks or events
- Sound leadership, staff management, and team-building skills.
- Adaptable with a commitment to continuous learning, quality improvement and innovation
- Ability to manage and co-ordinate the end-to-end development process while meeting deadlines and budget requirements
- Highly effective project management, prioritization, multi-tasking, and time management skills to meet deadlines
Education, Qualifications & Experience
The successful candidate will possess:
- Post-Secondary Diploma or Degree in Digital Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, or related majors.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience in social media, with specific experience managing social media and communications.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofing skills.
- Ability to deliver idea-driven copy on schedule.
IGNITE Student Union (IGNITE) is a non-profit organization and the official student union representing more than 33,000 full-time students of Humber College and the University of Guelph-Humber. With offices located at the North and Lakeshore campuses, IGNITE provides student with exciting events, essential services and leadership opportunities.
IGNITE is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of our students and our city. We actively seek qualified individuals with demonstrated skill and knowledge to deal with all aspects of diversity in a post-secondary environment.
IGNITE is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). IGNITE will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. This document is available in an alternate format on request.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include “Social Media Coordinator” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as required by the organization.