The Events and Promotions Lead (EPL) is responsible for providing event management and promotional support for all IGNITE programming, services, and initiatives. Reporting to the Managers of Student Engagement, the EPL’s primary responsibilities include the conceptualization, project management and execution of IGNITE promotional activities, activations, and events while insuring strategic alignment with IGNITE’s mission and goals. This role oversees a part-time student staff team of Brand Ambassadors and is responsible for the management of the Events and Promotions office. The EPL works from the IGNITE office at both the North and Lakeshore campuses, with the expectation of travel between campuses and occasional evening and/or weekend shifts. This position requires a great deal of flexibility and adaptability to changing circumstances.
|Job Title: Events and Promotions Lead||Campus: Lakeshore|
|Position Type: 2 Year Contract (35 Hours/Week)||Number of Positions: 1|
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Acting as project lead during fall and winter semester start-up activities and at large–scale events, activations and promotions throughout the academic year
- Hiring, scheduling, performance evaluation and delegation of tasks to the part-time staff team of Brand Ambassadors at the North and Lakeshore campuses
- Set up, operation, and teardown of IGNITE activations and events
- Support for promotional campaigns via Brand Ambassador education/awareness and activity supervision
- Promotion of IGNITE offerings to the Humber College and University of Guelph-Humber community (both in person and virtually)
- Administration of monthly student surveys and polls regarding IGNITE programming, services, and initiatives; tracking, documentation and reporting of results
- Efforts to increase student engagement across all IGNITE initiatives via the brainstorming and implementation of creative and innovative activities
- Provide support for IGNITE clubs room bookings
- Assist in the maintenance and management of the IGNITE Student Centre
- Manage Events and Promotions Office and perform administrative duties as required
- Strong leadership skills and ability to thrive in results-oriented environment
- Ability to think strategically, formulate and execute plans to meet organizational goals
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to find pragmatic solutions, seek improvements, and adapt to changing situations
- Excellent communication and relationship–building skills; conflict management
- Superb ability to manage time and stay organized
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- A successful track record working in a high-volume environment with multiple competing priorities
- Must be an alumni of Humber ITAL or the University of Guelph-Humber, having graduated within one year at the time of application
- Previous event planning/management experience an asset
- Occasional evening and/or weekend availability
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite
- Experience with virtual platforms (MS Teams, Zoom and Social Media platforms) an asset
- Experience with virtual event production an asset
IGNITE Student Union (IGNITE) is a non-profit organization and the official student union representing more than 33,000 full-time students of Humber College and the University of Guelph-Humber. With offices located at the North and Lakeshore campuses, IGNITE provides student with exciting events, essential services and leadership opportunities.
Interested candidates should fill out the application and attach their resume and cover letter.
IGNITE is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of our students and our city. We actively seek qualified individuals with demonstrated skill and knowledge to deal with all aspects of diversity in a post-secondary environment.
IGNITE is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). IGNITE will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. This document is available in alternate format on request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required by the organization.