- This event has passed.
IGNITE Real Talks – Amelia Dimoldenberg
Thu, Feb 15 , 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm
Thu, Feb 15 , 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm
What if we told you that awkwardness could be your greatest asset? In a world that often demands perfection, Amelia Dimoldenberg challenges the status quo and encourages us to celebrate the beauty of imperfection. Join us for our next engaging and thought-provoking Real Talks, featuring Amelia herself! Not only will you learn the story of the woman who wears many hats, but you’ll also discover how she takes care of her well-being during her busiest high-pressure days.
Amelia, a renowned British broadcaster, satirical comic and entertainer, is best known as the creative force behind the iconic dating series, Chicken Shop Date. A graduate in fashion journalism, she has successfully navigated her journey from a young journalist to a visionary who collaborates with mainstream celebrities.
Sharing chicken and chips with some of the heaviest hitters in contemporary entertainment, Dimoldenberg has proven the potential of YouTube, earning recognition from Vogue, GQ, Stylist, The Metro, and Complex. She has emerged as the embodiment of a DIY generation, showcasing the power of self-initiative and skill harnessing to create one’s path.
Join us for an exclusive event where Dimoldenberg shares insights into her journey, discussing success, failures, and how she navigated through challenges to achieve her remarkable status. You’ll have the opportunity to gain exclusive advice, ask those burning questions you’ve always wanted answers to, and even get up close and personal with our special guest. Yes, you read that right – the first 25 students in line on the day of the event will have the opportunity to meet and grab a photo with Amelia! Make sure you show up early if you want to snap a pic.
In-person tickets are limited, so make sure to secure yours!
Where can I get the tickets?
Tickets go on sale Jan. 30 at 12 p.m.
Tickets are available for only $5.
When is it?
Thursday, Feb. 15, 2024, at 12:30 p.m.
Doors open at 11:30 a.m.
Where is it?
IGNITE Student Centre, North Campus.
What’s in it for me?
- Indulge in some Dave’s Hot Chicken, included with the ticket price.
- Gain insights into the behind-the-scenes of the entertainment industry.
- Learn from the best in the game about staying healthy while managing work and professional lives.
- Submit your well-being questions for the student Q&A.
- Have the chance to enjoy a Meet & Greet photo opportunity with the incredible Amelia Dimoldenberg!
Can’t make it in-person?
No worries, join us virtually for FREE! Register for a free virtual ticket and we’ll send you an event link via email the day of the event.
In-person Event Entry Requirements
- Eventbrite ticket (printed or on a mobile device)
- One of the following:
- Student photo ID (either your digital OneCard, Residence ID or Athletics ID)
- Government-issued photo identification AND Humber/UofGH class timetable
- International students without student photo ID can present any piece of photo ID along with their class timetable
Virtual Event Entry Requirements
- Eventbrite virtual ticket
This event takes place in a wheelchair accessible venue. For further accessibility requests or questions, please contact IGNITE by email as early as possible. We will make every effort to accommodate your request.
- Please limit cell phone photography and videography during the event. Failure to adhere to this rule will result in your removal from the event.
- Real Talks is exclusive to Humber College and University of Guelph-Humber students. No guests are permitted.
- Humber College Student Code of Conduct is in effect at this event.
- All attendees must be 16+.
- This is a cannabis and smoke-free event.
- IGNITE reserves the right to search all persons and property to ensure security at the event.
- IGNITE reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone they do not see fit to enter the event.
You must be a current Humber/UofGH student to attend Real Talks. Non-student guests are not permitted.
By entering this event, you are entering a media zone. IGNITE reserves the right to use any photos, videos, or audio taken for promotional or editorial materials. If you would prefer to stay in the background, please speak to the event organizer or the photographer. We will make every effort to comply with your wishes. Media passes are not available for this event. Please limit taking personal photos or videos during the event. Media passes are not available.
IGNITE is dedicated to providing a harassment-free event experience. We do not tolerate harassment of attendees in any form. This includes, but is not limited to, physical assault, verbal harassment, sexual harassment, stalking, unwanted physical contact, or unwanted advances.
General Event Policy
Holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior to, during or after the event. Holder voluntarily agrees that the management, facility, participants, and all the respective agents, officers, directors and employees are expressly released by holder from any claims arising from such causes. Admission is subject to compliance of all laws and facility rules and the holder consents to reasonable examinations and searches to ensure compliance. Failure to comply with the law or facility rules may result in refusal of admission or expulsion. Management reserves the right, without the refund of any portion of the ticket purchase, to refuse admission or eject any person whose conduct is deemed by management to be disorderly, who uses vulgar or abusive language, or who fails to comply with these or other management rules. Breach of any of the foregoing will automatically terminate this license. Event date and time subject to change. In the event of cancellation on the part of management, a full refund will be provided to all ticket-holders.