Job Title: Brand Ambassador
|Campus: North/UofGH and Lakeshore|
|Position Type: Part-Time (up to 24 Hours/Week)||Number of Positions: UofGH/North (12), Lakeshore (12)|
The Brand Ambassador is responsible for increasing IGNITE’s brand awareness and communicating key messages about the brand. Through the execution of promotional activities as well as events and activations, the Brand Ambassador engages the student community to increase their participation in IGNITE initiatives. The Brand Ambassador will also be responsible for providing amazing customer service and following processes aligned to our brand values and standards.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist in meeting or exceeding targets related to ticket sales, event attendance, and overall brand awareness
- Create an environment for students to encapsulate IGNITE’s brand identity, mission and values
- Create an open and consistent student feedback loop
- Exudes expert product knowledge about service offerings, upcoming events, initiatives and campaigns and is able to advise students about these in a clear, concise and relatable way
- Maintain an efficient, safe and effective environment in the workplace
- Work with other team members to execute activations, events, and campaigns effectively
- Represents and maintains IGNITE’s brand image at all times
- Ability to think strategically, formulate and execute plans to meet organizational goals
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to think analytically
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills; conflict management
- Superb ability to manage time and stay organized
- Ability to work both independently and as a team
- A successful track record working in a high-volume environment
- Must either be a current Humber ITAL or the University of Guelph-Humber fee paying student at the time of application
- Occasional evening and/or weekend availability
- Proficient in the use of MS Office
- Must be comfortable in approaching clients, servicing clients in a friendly and efficient manner
- First Aid/CPR Certification required (will otherwise be provided)
- Food Handler’s Certification required (will otherwise be provided)
IGNITE Student Union (IGNITE) is a non-profit organization and the official student union representing more than 33,000 full-time students of Humber College and the University of Guelph-Humber. With offices located at the North and Lakeshore campuses, IGNITE provides students with exciting events, essential services, and leadership opportunities.
Interested candidates should fill out the application and attach their resume and cover letter.
IGNITE is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of our students and our city. We actively seek qualified individuals with demonstrated skill and knowledge to deal with all aspects of diversity in a post-secondary environment.
IGNITE is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Our Human Resources Director will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. This document is available in an alternate format on request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.