Financial Relief Program
In over your head? IGNITE’s Financial Relief Program (FRP) is here. When emergency financial situations arise, FRP provides short-term assistance to full-time students and it’s all confidential.
Examples of emergency situations include, but are not limited to:
- Being kicked out of home/imminent homelessness
- Physical and/or health issues
- Child care issues
The Financial Relief Program is closed for the semester and will reopen in September 2018. If you are in urgent need of assistance, please contact Kimberly Daniels, Services Coordinator.
* Please note that the FRP is not intended to pay for tuition.
* Please contact Communications Director Natalie Bobyk for alternative formats.
We know that being a student can be hard on your wallet. If you need a little extra, the IGNITE bursary may be able to help.
To be eligible, you must have a proven financial need, demonstrate progress in your program, be a full-time student paying full-time fees; be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, protected person or a Study Visa student; and have not already received a student financial aid bursary this academic year.
Applications for the IGNITE bursary for Guelph-Humber students are currently closed, and will reopen in Fall 2018.
Visit the MyHumber website and submit an online application via the Student Awards and Financial Aid link.
Visit the GH Financial Aid office in GH 112 to pick up and submit a bursary application.
High school taught you how to dissect a frog and the Pythagorean Theorem, but you still can’t do your taxes. Let us do them for you! We have a team of student volunteers ready to prepare your tax return for you.
Our Tax Clinic runs from March 26th – April 26th, Monday-Thursday from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Sit down one-on-one with trained accounting students and take care of your taxes. Book your half hour appointment by clicking the link below and take all those tax worries off your mind.
The IGNITE Tax Clinic is currently closed, and will reopen in Winter 2019.
Unfortunately our tax clinic may not be able to cover the needs of every student. We can help students with modest incomes and a simple tax situation. Students with more complex tax returns should speak to a professional financial advisor. Exclusions include but are not limited to the following:
- You are self-employed or have employment expenses
- You have a business or rental income/expenses
- You have capital gains/losses
- You have filed for bankruptcy
- You own a property or home
Learn more about your taxes here:
- Tax videos for international students
- Tax resources for homeowners
- Tax resources for parents
- Tax resources for Aboriginal peoples
- Tax resources for persons with disabilities
Please note you must be a current Humber or Guelph-Humber student to utilize the IGNITE Tax Clinic.