Job Title: Videographer
|Campus: Any (position will work from home for Summer 2021)|
|Position Type: Summer Contract (Part Time 24 Hours/Week)||Number of Positions: Three (3)|
The Videographer is responsible for filming and editing a wide range of videos including event coverage, promotional videos, and interviews. In addition, the Videographer will assist in brainstorming and planning video content in relation to all IGNITE initiatives.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Brainstorm and plan video content in relation to promoting IGNITE services and events
- Produce a wide variety of video content, including both filming and editing) relating to all IGNITE services, events, and initiatives
- Identify interview subjects, arrange and conduct interviews to acquire the required information for video production
- Conduct continual research of activities and events at IGNITE and present video ideas to departmental leadership
- Photography of IGNITE events and initiatives that adhere to IGNITE style guidelines
- Copywriting for short video descriptions
- Previous experience creating videos specifically for social media is an asset
- Audio post-production skills are an asset
- Ability to think strategically, formulate and execute plans to meet organizational goals
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to think analytically
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills; conflict management
- Superb ability to manage time and stay organized
- Ability to work both independently and as a team
- A successful track record working in a high-volume environment
- Must either be a current Humber ITAL or the University of Guelph-Humber fee paying student at the time of application
- Occasional evening and/or weekend availability
- Experience using Adobe Premiere and Adobe Photoshop
- Experience with Adobe After Effects is an asset
- Experience creating motion graphics is an asset
- 3 video samples required; videos must showcase your own work
IGNITE Student Union (IGNITE) is a non-profit organization and the official student union representing more than 33,000 full-time students of Humber College and the University of Guelph-Humber. With offices located at the North and Lakeshore campuses, IGNITE provides student with exciting events, essential services and leadership opportunities.
Interested candidates should fill out the application and attach their resume and cover letter. Please ensure you include a link to an online portfolio.
IGNITE is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of our students and our city. We actively seek qualified individuals with demonstrated skill and knowledge to deal with all aspects of diversity in a post-secondary environment.
IGNITE is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). IGNITE will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. This document is available in alternate format on request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required by the organization.