|Job Title:||Tax Clinic Lead|
|Campus:||Humber North & Lakeshore|
|Number of Positions:||4|
|Position Type:||Volunteer (Minimum 15 hours/week)|
|Term:||March 2023 – April 2023|
|Reports To:||Manager, Career Success|
The Tax Clinic Lead works under the supervision of the Manager, Career Success to support the service delivery of the IGNITE Tax Clinic. Their role is a combination of administrative assistance and income tax preparation support. This individual must be able to showcase leadership while supervising volunteers in a virtual environment, as well as perform higher level functions such as managing multiple online platforms. We are looking for someone that is customer service driven, self-motivated, and detail-oriented.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Manager, Career Success with operations and administrative tasks related to virtual service delivery, training, and data management/insights
- Providing support to the Tax Clinic by resolving issues and supporting volunteers with tax related inquiries
- Supervise the customer service and overall performance of the volunteers
- Ensure the confidentiality, security and accuracy of communication and income tax preparation between the volunteer & clients
- Customer service related skills
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to think analytically
- Superb ability to mange time and stay organized
- 1 – 2 years’ work experience in the business accounting or financial services field (such as: tax preparation services, bookkeeping, owner/operating clients, banking/insurance or financial service centers, accounts payable/receivable, and billing centers)
- Knowledge of tax laws and tax concepts, solid critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent written communication skills including spelling and proper use of grammar
- Strong understanding of virtual platforms (ex. Microsoft Teams, Zoom) and taxation software (ex. UFile or Turbotax)
IGNITE Student Union (IGNITE) is a non-profit organization and the official student union representing more than 33,000 full-time students of Humber College and the University of Guelph-Humber. With offices located at the North and Lakeshore campuses, IGNITE provides student with exciting events, essential services and leadership opportunities.
Interested candidates should fill out the application and attach their resume and cover letter. Please ensure you include a link to an online portfolio.
IGNITE is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of our students and our city. We actively seek qualified individuals with demonstrated skill and knowledge to deal with all aspects of diversity in a post-secondary environment.
IGNITE is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). IGNITE will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. This document is available in alternate format on request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required by the organization.