Job Title: Student Engagement Coordinator
|Position Type: Contract||Number of Positions: 1|
|Contract Term:up to 2 years||Deadline for Applications: September 10, 2021|
The Student Engagement Coordinator (SEC) is a key contact and advocate for students at each campus. The SEC contribute strategically to IGNITE offerings and ensure the mission of IGNITE is being successfully implemented throughout their campus. The Student Engagement Coordinator work collaboratively to advocate for the student body to various internal and external stakeholders.
Advocacy & Engagement
- Pursue advocacy initiatives aligned with the strategic plan
- Represent IGNITE and the student body at-large on Humber/Guelph-Humber committees
- Actively gather student feedback in areas of study other than their own and provide leadership to IGNITE by advancing the implementation of strategic objectives and goals of the organization
- Create and participate in student outreach initiatives
- Represent themselves in an appropriate manner, which reflects IGNITE, Humber College and the University of Guelph-Humber students at large in a positive manner
- Provide support to campus clubs and act as the main point of contact for all Club Presidents
- Approve all new campus clubs as well as verify the annual re-registration of previously existing campus clubs, granted that they meet the requirements outlined in the Clubs Policy
- Coordinate clubs training and other club-related activities
- Respond to e-mails, phone calls and online interactions from students, co-workers, and partners
- Actively participate in IGNITE’s online communities
- Develop an effective and appropriate continuity plan for the incoming SEC
- Ability to think strategically, formulate and execute plans to meet organizational goals
- Excellent problem solving and decision making ability
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills; conflict management
- Superb ability to manage time and stay organized
- A successful track record working in a high-volume environment
- Ability to work both independently and as a team
- Must either be a current Humber ITAL or the University of Guelph-Humber fee paying student at the time of application; or a recent graduate within the last 6 months from Humber ITAL or University of Guelph-Humber.
- Must commit to full-time hours (35 hours/week)
- Proficient in the use of MS Office
EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INLCUSION
IGNITE is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of our students and our city. We actively seek qualified individuals with demonstrated skill and knowledge to deal with all aspects of diversity in a post-secondary environment.
IGNITE is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). IGNITE will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. This document is available in an alternate format on request.
If you are interested in an opportunity to make a difference and have a lasting impact, work with an agile, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team; please apply now.