Job Title: Online Engagement Editor
|Campus: North/Lakeshore/UofGH (position will work from home)|
|Position Type: Summer Contract (24 Hours/Week)||Number of Positions: One (1)|
The Online Engagement Editor is responsible for creating and updating content to IGNITE’s website as well as interacting online through existing IGNITE social media profiles.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Posting on social media all newsworthy IGNITE initiatives happening on campus
- Creation of social media content meant to inform and engage the student body through Instagram, YouTube, Facebook and Twitter
- Maintenance of file and content management system (WordPress)
- Execution of various online contests and surveys
- Ensure standards are met for the IGNITE Style guidelines
- Strong digital technology experience
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to think strategically, formulate and execute plans to meet organizational goals
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to think analytically
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills; conflict management
- Superb ability to manage time and stay organized
- Ability to work both independently and as a team
- A successful track record working in a high-volume environment
- Must either be a current Humber College or the University of Guelph-Humber fee paying student at the time of application
- Journalism experience and web writing experience an asset
- Minimum 1 year writing experience; 2-3 writing samples required at application
- Experience with WordPress
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop an asset
IGNITE Student Union (IGNITE) is a non-profit organization and the official student union representing more than 33,000 full-time students of Humber College and the University of Guelph-Humber. With offices located at the North and Lakeshore campuses, IGNITE provides student with exciting events, essential services and leadership opportunities.
Interested candidates should fill out the application and attached their resume, cover letter and 2-3 writing samples below.
IGNITE is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of our students and our city. We actively seek qualified individuals with demonstrated skill and knowledge to deal with all aspects of diversity in a post-secondary environment.
IGNITE is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). IGNITE will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. This document is available in alternate format on request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required by the organization.