|Job Title:||Manager, Student Wellness|
|Campus:||Humber North & Lakeshore (Hybrid)|
|Number of Positions:||1|
|Position Type:||Full Time (16-month Contract)|
|Reports to:||Director, Student Success|
|Compensation:||$65,000 – $72,000|
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- You will design health and wellness programs and initiatives aimed at meeting the needs
of students on campus through an evidence-based approach to wellness
- You will play a key part in the development and implementation of Institution-wide
initiatives aimed at mental health and engaging the community to support students who
may be at risk.
- You will champion the student insurance program for the students represented by
- You will oversee the execution of IGNITE’s food security and financial support strategies
and programs in accordance with organizational goals and objectives.
- You will work with cross-functional partners to collaborate and foster relationships to
broaden awareness of available services and resources for students across campus.
- You will provide leadership and guidance to develop and maintain a cohesive and
- You will foster a safe space for your team, where they are comfortable sharing feedback
and advocating for the change, they see necessary.
- You will play a big part in hiring a team of stellar customer service representatives and
wellness team members.
To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate the following key competencies:
- Critical Thinking
- Integrity and Trust
- Managing Safety Risks (either physically or psychologically
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Attention to Detail
- Customer Focus
- Managing Relationships
Education, Qualifications & Experience
The successful candidate will possess:
- Five (5) year experience in a wellness role or similar
- Bachelor’s degree in Counselling, Community Development, Psychology, Social Work, or a relevant field
- Experience managing a team
- A bonus if you have experience working in a post-secondary institution.
IGNITE Student Union (IGNITE) is a non-profit organization and the official student union representing more than 33,000 full-time students of Humber College and the University of Guelph-Humber. With offices located at the North and Lakeshore campuses, IGNITE provides students with exciting events, essential services, and leadership opportunities.
IGNITE is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of our students and our city. We actively seek qualified individuals with demonstrated skill and knowledge to deal with all aspects of diversity in a post-secondary environment.
IGNITE is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). IGNITE will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. This document is available in an alternate format on request.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and resume using the link below.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as required by the organization.