|Job Title:||Manager, Customer Care|
|Campus:||Humber North & Lakeshore (Hybrid)|
|Number of Positions:||1|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Reports to:||Director, Student Success|
|Compensation:||$65,000 – $72,000|
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- You will provide exemplary customer service in-person, virtually, and over the phone to our customers
- You will provide leadership and guidance to develop and maintain a cohesive and integrated team.
- You will support the delivery of IGNITE’s student insurance program, policies and practices through collaboration and engagement with key stakeholders.
- You will achieve customer service objectives by contributing customer service information and recommendations to the strategic plan and reviews.
- You will resolve escalated customer (students) questions and/or concerns promptly to maintain optimal performance in service quality, accuracy, efficiency, and risk management.
- You will provide in-office and online support in overseeing and accounting for the release of student documents, managing office transactions, and maintaining a professional office.
- You will be responsible for engaging with customers throughout the student life cycle
- You will foster a safe space for your team, where they are comfortable sharing feedback and advocating for the change, they see necessary.
- You will assist with the maintenance and upkeep of the office supplies and equipment.
To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate the following key competencies:
- Critical Thinking
- Integrity and Trust
- Managing Safety Risks (either physically or psychologically
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Attention to Detail
- Customer Focus
- Managing Relationships
Education, Qualifications & Experience
The successful candidate will possess:
- Five (5) years managerial experience in a customer service or guest services role
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, Management, or equivalent-preferred
- Experience managing a team
- A bonus if you have experience working in a post-secondary institution
- Added bonus if you have Zendesk experience
IGNITE Student Union (IGNITE) is a non-profit organization and the official student union representing more than 33,000 full-time students of Humber College and the University of Guelph-Humber. With offices located at the North and Lakeshore campuses, IGNITE provides students with exciting events, essential services, and leadership opportunities.
IGNITE is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of our students and our city. We actively seek qualified individuals with demonstrated skill and knowledge to deal with all aspects of diversity in a post-secondary environment.
IGNITE is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). IGNITE will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. This document is available in an alternate format on request.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and resume using the link below.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as required by the organization.