Job Title: Lead Web Developer
|Campus: Any (position will work from home for Summer 2021)|
|Position Type: Full-time, 2 Year Contract (35 Hours/Week)||Number of Positions: One (1)|
IGNITE Student Life is looking for a Web Developer Lead to join our digital team and support the design, implementation, and management of IGNITE’s current and future digital platforms and properties. This includes our website, customer data platform, third-party tools and technology, and the production of associated assets. You will be reporting to the Manager, Digital Marketing, and will take ownership of implementing new, robust, front and back-end features and functionalities to the IGNITE website, among other digital initiatives.
We’re looking for an intermediate candidate who is self-directed and eager to learn. You will have support from the digital team but we will look to you to find solutions and communicate and implement strategies throughout the contract term. The bulk of the work will be web development, but you’ll be a part of a small, collaborative, hands-on, digital team and so you will need an eye for design, strategy, and content as well.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Support the development of business solutions with a focus on user experience
- Content management of the existing IGNITE website (WordPress), including copy & image updates, creation and publication of new templates, pages, events and contests, email development & deployment, and student engagement & support
- Content management of connected tools and technologies (e.g. Eventbrite, MailChimp, Zendesk)
- Collaborate with service providers to update and/or create new user journeys, UX/UI designs, feature updates, and alike
- Communicate with internal & external stakeholders to ensure timely delivery of assets & feedback
- Analyze the effectiveness of existing processes, identify gaps and/or pain points and introduce new digital solutions, where applicable
- Identify opportunities for consolidation of tools & technology
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, providing support from gathering requirements through to launch
- Proactively identify and mitigate potential risks
- Communicate successes and challenges
- Validate student data across digital touchpoints and organize into audience segments/online personas
- Regularly maintain and review the website (ignitestudentlife.com) and other associated properties
- Maintain up-to-date web standards and AODA requirements
- Strong visual design, layout and typographic skills
- Ability to think strategically, formulate and execute plans to meet organizational goals
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to think analytically
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills; conflict management
- Superb ability to manage time and stay organized
- Ability to work both independently and as a team
- A successful track record working in a high-volume environment
- Must either be:
an alumni of Humber College/University of Guelph-Humber, having graduated within one year at the time of application, or
a current Humber College/University of Guelph-Humber student completing their studies in Winter or Summer 2021
- Familiarity & experience working with WordPress CMS
- Knowledge of W3C standards, AODA guidelines, and responsive design
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Familiarity with Adobe products (or other digital design tools)
- Proficiency across all Microsoft Office applications
- Google Tag Manager and/or Analytics certification(s)
- Knowledge of PHP and SQL is considered an asset
- Knowledge of ecommerce solutions is considered an asset
IGNITE Student Union (IGNITE) is a non-profit organization and the official student union representing more than 33,000 full-time students of Humber College and the University of Guelph-Humber. With offices located at the North and Lakeshore campuses, IGNITE provides student with exciting events, essential services and leadership opportunities.
Interested candidates should fill out the application and attach their resume and cover letter below.
IGNITE is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of our students and our city. We actively seek qualified individuals with demonstrated skill and knowledge to deal with all aspects of diversity in a post-secondary environment.
IGNITE is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). IGNITE will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. This document is available in alternate format on request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required by the organization.