Job Title: Career Success Lead
|Campus: Currently remote-work environment, permanent location TBD|
|Position Type: Full-time, 2 Year Contract (35 Hours/Week)||Number of Positions: One (1)|
The Career Success Lead works under the supervision of the Manager, Career Success to support career related services and offerings at IGNITE. The Lead role is a combination of administrative assistance, project management and leadership. The Lead will work collaboratively with internal IGNITE departments to collaborate on events, campaigns, and other service offerings related to the Career Success portfolio. We are looking for someone that is passionate about the student experience, self-motivated, and unapologetically detail-oriented.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Manager, Career Success with operations and administrative tasks related to virtual service delivery, training, and data management/insights
- Responsible for reviewing and awarding career success related offerings for students (Skills Bundle and Learning Essentials Support)
- Providing support to the Tax Clinic by supervising the daily operations, volunteers and customer service delivery
- Reach out to external and internal partners to collaborate on events and service offerings, with an Equity, Diversity and Inclusion focus
- Research and contribute insight to services and programming in the areas of Career Success
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with individuals from a variety of backgrounds and cultures
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Showcase initiative and independence with minimal supervision
- Good judgment and decision-making ability to prioritize projects
- Understanding of strategic initiatives and services provided by IGNITE
- Ability to exhibit a professional attitude and image with a commitment to quality service
- Must either be an alumni of either Humber College or the University of Guelph-Humber, having graduated within one year at the time of application
- Previous experience in student services, community involvement and/or customer service is an asset
IGNITE Student Union (IGNITE) is a non-profit organization and the official student union representing more than 33,000 full-time students of Humber College and the University of Guelph-Humber. With offices located at the North and Lakeshore campuses, IGNITE provides student with exciting events, essential services and leadership opportunities.
Interested candidates should fill out the application and attach their resume and cover letter below.
IGNITE is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of our students and our city. We actively seek qualified individuals with demonstrated skill and knowledge to deal with all aspects of diversity in a post-secondary environment.
IGNITE is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). IGNITE will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. This document is available in alternate format on request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required by the organization.