We know that being a student can be hard on your wallet. If you need a little extra, IGNITE Financial Support may be able to help. Thanks to the support of your fellow students who have paid the Student Financial Support fee, IGNITE is able to offer $175,000 in funding to students in need.
To be eligible, you must have a proven financial need, demonstrate progress in your program, be a full-time student paying full-time fees; be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, protected person or a Study Visa student.
Applications for IGNITE Financial Support are currently open for all domestic and International students. You must be currently enrolled as a full-time student in order for your application to be considered.
Funding for IGNITE Financial Support has been exhausted for the Fall 2019 semester. Financial Support will re-open on February 3, 2020.
Visit the MyHumber website after February 3 and submit an online application via the Student Awards and Financial Aid link.
Visit the GH Financial Aid office in GH 112 to pick up and submit a bursary application.
*Please note applications take between two and four weeks to process.
IGNITE Financial Support is covered by the optional Student Financial Support fee.
Financial Relief Program
In over your head? IGNITE’s Financial Relief Program (FRP) is here. When emergency financial situations arise, FRP provides short-term assistance to full-time students and it’s all confidential.
Examples of emergency situations include, but are not limited to:
- Being kicked out of home/imminent homelessness
- Physical and/or health issues
- Child care issues
IGNITE’s Financial Relief Program is closed for the semester. You are still eligible to apply for the IGNITE Bursary through your MyHumber account.
* Please note that the FRP is not intended to pay for tuition and cannot be given for any OSAP-related issues.
* Please contact Digital Media Coordinator Stephen Wong for alternative formats.
The Financial Relief Program is covered by the optional Student Financial Support fee.
Unfortunately our tax clinic may not be able to cover the needs of every student. We can help students with modest incomes and a simple tax situation. Students with more complex tax returns should speak to a professional financial adviser. Exclusions include but are not limited to the following:
- You are self-employed or have employment expenses
- You have a business or rental income/expenses
- You have capital gains/losses
- You have filed for bankruptcy
- You own a property or home
Unfortunately due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our 2020 Tax Clinic has been cancelled. We sincerely apologize to everyone who had booked an appointment for this service.
Learn more about your taxes here:
- Tax videos for international students
- Tax resources for homeowners
- Tax resources for parents
- Tax resources for Aboriginal peoples
- Tax resources for persons with disabilities
Please note you must be a current Humber or Guelph-Humber student to utilize the IGNITE Tax Clinic.
The IGNITE Tax Clinic is covered by the mandatory Health and Counselling ancillary fee.