Job Title: Graphic/Web Designer
Position Type: Part-Time (24 Hours/Week)
Campus: Guelph-Humber, North or Lakeshore
Number of Positions: 3
The Graphic/Web Designer is responsible for creating design solutions for all of IGNITE’s marketing and communications pieces while adhering to IGNITE’s brand guidelines and standards. The Graphic/Web Designer will execute full project tasks from creative concept through to post-production and including installation through the maintenance of IGNITE posting boards across campus.
Duties include but are not limited to
- Conceptualize and evaluate the effectiveness of visual marketing and communication assets, while developing a wide variety of promotional materials across varying mediums (print, web, digital and social)
- Creation of printed designs for brochures, posters, banners, event signage, branded merchandise, and direct marketing pieces
- Creation of digital designs for campaign/project logos, HTV ads, web banners, social media ads
- Research, develop and create custom designs for experiential marketing promotions
- Ensure digital and web designs are AODA compliant
- Maintenance of file and content management system
- Installation of posters throughout Humber College/University of Guelph-Humber
- Remove outdated/unapproved posters from IGNITE boards
- Maintain organization of Dropbox and adhere to IGNITE Brand Guidelines and in-house Graphic Design Style Guide
- Demonstrated understanding of design principles, typography, visual and information hierarchy
- Ability to think strategically, formulate and execute plans to meet organizational goals
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to think analytically
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills; conflict management
- Superb ability to manage time and stay organized
- Ability to work both independently and as a team
- A successful track record working in a high-volume environment
- Must either be a current Humber ITAL or the University of Guelph-Humber fee-paying student at the time of application
- Minimum 1-year design experience; portfolio required at application
- Proficient in industry-standard software of Adobe Creative Suite (CS6+), specifically Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
IGNITE is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of our students and our city. We actively seek qualified individuals with demonstrated skill and knowledge to deal with all aspects of diversity in a post-secondary environment.
IGNITE is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Our Human Resources Director will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. This document is available in alternate format on request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.