Job Title: Front-End Developer
Position Type: Part-Time (24 Hours/Week)
Campus: Guelph-Humber, North or Lakeshore
Number of Positions: 1
The Front-End Developer combines the technical skills of a web developer with the creative skills of a web layout designer. The Front-End Developer is responsible for the maintenance, design, and implementation of existing and future web applications for the IGNITE website.
Duties include but are not limited to
- Plan, research, maintain, code, test and deploy web projects
- Develop new interactive ways of engaging with written content
- Design and maintain email campaigns (Mailchimp)
- Maintenance of file, content management system and portals (WordPress)
- Moderate comments on website postings
- Upload and arrange articles and photos on IGNITE website
- Maintain up-to-date web standards and AODA requirements
- Strong visual design, layout and typographic skills
- Ability to think strategically, formulate and execute plans to meet organizational goals
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to think analytically
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills; conflict management
- Superb ability to manage time and stay organized
- Ability to work both independently and as a team
- A successful track record working in a high-volume environment
- Must either be a current Humber ITAL or the University of Guelph-Humber fee-paying student at the time of application
- Knowledge of HTML, PHP, and CSS
- Proficiency in Adobe CC (photo editing and coding software)
- Knowledge of W3C standards, AODA guidelines, and responsive design
IGNITE is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of our students and our city. We actively seek qualified individuals with demonstrated skill and knowledge to deal with all aspects of diversity in a post-secondary environment.
IGNITE is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Our Human Resources Director will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. This document is available in alternate format on request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.