Tax Clinic

It’s time to talk taxes.

March 21 to April 21 | Weekdays starting at 10AM

North Campus (KX202) & Lakeshore Campus (K Building)



Yes, we know taxes are a scary and totally confusing topic for most students (and let’s be honest, many non-students too), but IGNITE is here to make taxes easy!

We’re offering all Humber and Guelph-Humber students FREE sessions at our Tax Clinic to get their income taxes filed! Sit down one-on-one with trained accounting students and get your taxes done. Book your half hour appointment below and take all your tax worries off your mind.

Why file taxes?

Well, it is a legal requirement most students. Secondly, filing your tax return often allows you to get back some of your hard-earned cash that has been taken from your paycheque throughout the year and take advantage of refundable tax credits. You can find out more here.

Our Tax Clinic runs from March 21st, April 21st every weekday from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Limited appointments available; sign-up required.
Service runs from both IGNITE offices:

  • North – KX202
  • Lakeshore – K Building

Please bring the following to your appointment:

  • Your T4 (mailed by your employer)
  • Social Insurance Number (SIN)
  • T2202A Tuition and Textbook Amounts Certificate (found on MyHumber and Webadvisor)
  • T3: Statement of Trust Income Allocations & Designations (from your financial institution)
  • T5: Investment Income (from your financial institution)
  • Tips or gratuities earned
  • Rent receipts (provided by your landlord)
  • Public transportation monthly pass receipts
  • Moving Expenses
  • Donation receipts
  • Medical receipts
  • Spouse’s annual income + SIN
  • 2015 Notice of Assessment (you received this from the CRA if you filed last year)

If you are a parent please bring the following along with the above:

If you do not bring all of your documents we will not be able to process your tax return. Please note if you have filed taxes in previous years, you must have completed your 2015 income tax return in order to be eligible. If you’ve never filed, we are able to help you.


Unfortunately our tax clinic may not be able to cover the needs of every student. We can help students with modest incomes and a simple tax situation. Students with more complex tax returns should speak to a professional financial advisor. Exclusions include but are not limited to the following:

  • You are self-employed or have employment expenses
  • You have a business or rental income/expenses
  • You have capital gains/losses
  • You have filed for bankruptcy
  • You own a property or home

Additional Resources

Learn more about your taxes here:

Please note you must be a current Humber or Guelph-Humber student to utilize the IGNITE Tax Clinic. 

The Tax Clinic is now closed.

Want to learn to do your own taxes? Check out our Tax Workshop!