Wednesday, Jan. 22, 2020 | 11:00am
Student Centre (KX202) | North Campus
Student Centre (K100) | Lakehsore Campus
It can be the start of a new career, a new routine, or a new relationship. For IGNITE, change means making strategic decisions that help students like you. Starting January 2020, we’re updating our policies to align with the Ontario Not-for-profit Corporations Act. While minor, these changes will be in your best interest.
A summary of the proposed changes:
- Formerly a voted-in position, IGNITE’s executives will now be hired by the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors will continue to be elected based on student votes. Both the Board of Directors and executive positions will remain as student-held positions.
- The roles of the Board of Directors will remain largely unchanged. However, the board will now be the face of IGNITE, rather than the executives.
- As a student, you’re already an IGNITE Member. With the changes to our fee policy, there are now three classes of membership:
- Full-Time Members: Full-time students who pay the Mandatory IGNITE Fees
- Full-Time Enhanced Members: Full-time students who pay BOTH the Mandatory and Optional IGNITE Fees
- Part-Time Members: Part-time students who pay a pro-rated Mandatory IGNITE Fee
Do you love these changes? Hate them? Have thoughts or questions? Wednesday, Jan. 22 is your opportunity to vote on the future of IGNITE.
- Call to Order
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of Minutes of the Annual General Meeting March 2019
- Motion to Approve IGNITE By-law amendments
- Motion to adjourn