For when Bunz Home Zone can’t help.
Tuesday January 31 | 11AM to 12PM
Lakeshore Campus – K Building Student Centre
You’ve thought about it, your parents cheered (or cried) about it, you’ve saved some cash and now you’re officially ready to move out and rent your first place! Right?
Not so fast.
As exciting as this decision is, there’s a lot to keep in mind. Things like budgeting, types of leases, fire safety, subletting, and roommate agreements are just a few of the many things you should plan for. It can be hard to know where to start but lucky for you, IGNITE has got your back.
We want to teach you everything you need to know about renting at our Renting 101 Workshop!
Join us on Tuesday, January 31st for this must-know session for all renters, both first-time and seasoned. This workshop is happening in the K Building Student Centre at Lakeshore campus from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Join our speaker who will take you through all the ins and outs of student renting including:
- Balancing your budget
- Joint leasing vs. by-the-bed leasing
- Fire safety and questions you should ask your landlord
- Roommates 101 & writing a roommate agreement
- Roomationships (guide to forming a great roommate relationship)
- Life of a subletter: what students should know
- Legal issues with your landlord
- Roommate eviction & how to end your tenancy
Presentation will be followed by a Q&A session. No registration required. We hope to see you there!