A night of fright and mischief will be bliss at the one Halloween party you wonâ€™t want to miss.
Thursday, Oct. 27, 2016 | 9PM – 1AM
Le Jardin |Â Buses leaving North LRC & Front of
Lakeshore L Building from 8PM – 11:30PM
Join us at IGNITEâ€™s Monster Mayhem on Thursday, October 27th. Dress in your best costume and dance the night away to sounds of top 40, hip hop, reggae, and EDM. Event will be all ages with a 19+ area. This event is open to all Humber and Guelph-Humber students.
If you love to go all out with your costume youâ€™re in luck; our Costume Contest has great prizes this year:
- 1st place: $500
- 2nd place: pair of Raptors tickets
Tickets are only $5 â€“ so what are you waiting for? Buy them below. Event will take place at Le Jardin from 9 p.m. â€“ 1 a.m.
Warning: this event may feature strobe and/or flashing lights.
Buses leave North LRC entrance and Lakeshore L Building entrance from 8 p.m. â€“ 11:30 p.m. Buses return to North and Lakeshore campuses throughout the night. Last bus leaves campus for event at 11:30 p.m.
Ticket, Guest & Event Info
Ticket allows one entry per person. Students may bring ONE non-Humber/Guelph-Humber guest. Guests must enter the event with a Humber/Guelph-Humber student. Each guest must present their own pre-purchased ticket, and photo ID. Guest sign-in policy in effect.Â For security purposes, guests will be subject to having a photo of their ID taken.
- Must be 16-years of age to attend
- 19+ licensed area
- Free parking for students not taking the bus
- Students must present their Humber/Guelph-Humber student ID OR class timetable and photo ID for admission
- For security purposes, guests may be subject to having a photo of their ID taken, which will be stored for a total of 14 days following the end of the event
- No re-entry after exiting the event
- Bags are NOT permitted (small purses accepted at the discretion of event organizers)
- No outside food or beverage permitted
- Student Code of Conduct applies to all attending this event
- Event organizer not responsible for lost or stolen items
- All entrants are subject to security pat-down and wand searches upon entering the event. IGNITE reserves the right to search all persons and their property to ensure the security of all in attendance.
- IGNITE reserves the right to refuse any person admission to the event or to remove such person from the event if the person exhibits conduct which in the opinion of IGNITE is abusive, illegal or objectionable or might otherwise interfere with the enjoyment of others. Once entry is refused, compensation or refund of ticket price will not be provided.
Costume Contest Info
- Must be a current Humber/GH student
- Prizes: 1st place $500 cheque, 2nd place pair of Raptorâ€™s tickets (approx.. retail value $200)
- Winners announced and 2nd place prize distributed at the event
- 1st place prize to be cheque in studentâ€™s name, to be distributed by mail or pick-up in office within 10 business days from the date of the event. Student will be contacted when cheque is available.
- Judging panel: IGNITE VPs of Student Life
- Judging criteria: Total out of 40 points
- Originality â€“ 10 points
- Stage presence â€“ 10 points
- Crowd interaction â€“ 10 points
- Craftsmanship â€“ 10 points
Costume and Props Info
- CULTURE IS NOT A COSTUME. Regardless of how well-intentioned your costume may be, it can still perpetuate harmful stereotypes and stigmas. Cultural costumes will not be permitted into the event; this is a zero-tolerance policy.
- FULL-FACE MASKS ARE NOT PERMITTED. This is to ensure safety and security for all attendees of the event.
- Halloween costumes may not include any weapons (real of fake) or props that could be perceived as threatening and the costume should not violate the Ontario Human Rights Code.
- Costume props and accessories that may in any way be deemed offensive or resemble weapons will not be permitted into the event and will be confiscated.
- Any prop or item not covered in this policy must be inspected by IGNITE staff or security at the event entrance; these items will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.
Le Jardin is a wheelchair accessible venue. For further requests or questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday October 21 and we will make every effort to accommodate your request.
IGNITE is dedicated to providing a harassment-free event experience.Â We do not tolerate harassment of attendees in any form.Â This includes, but is not limited to, physical assault, verbal harassment, sexual harassment, stalking, unwanted physical contact, or unwanted advances.
This event is a media-friendly event and videos and photos will be taken of attendees.Â However, wearing a costume does not equal consent. Engaging in any photography where the subject feels they are being stalked, exploited, degraded or disrespected is strictly prohibited.Â Should an attendee feel that photography/videography becomes harassing or sexual in nature, they should contact IGNITE staff or security, who will take steps to resolve the situation with the proper authorities.
Holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior to, during or after the event. Holder voluntarily agrees that the management, facility, participants, and all the respective agents, officers, directors and employees are expressly released by holder from any claims arising from such causes.
Admission is subject to compliance of all laws and facility rules and the holder consents to reasonable examinations and searches to ensure compliance. Failure to comply with the law or facility rules may result in refusal of admission or expulsion.
Management reserves the right, without the refund of any portion of the ticket purchase, to refuse admission or eject any person whose conduct is deemed by management to be disorderly, who uses vulgar or abusive language, or who fails to comply with these or other management rules. Breach of any of the foregoing will automatically terminate this license.
Event date and time subject to change.