With great power comes great responsibility…
Monday, Oct. 3 | 11:00AM – 3:00PM
North Campus – Student Centre
Whip out your best cosplay costume and brush up on your superhero knowledge because this year, IGNITE is hosting our biggest Comic Expo ever in partnership with Stadium Comics!
Get ready to geek out over all your favourite comic and TV characters because we’ve added a whole lot of extra fun for all comic fans and superhero lovers. Visit our comic illustrators and vendors, check out the Pokémon station, Magic: The Gathering tournament, virtual reality experience and more.
We’ll also have a special guest in attendance best known for his role as Agent Grant Ward on the hit series Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, Brett Dalton!
Dalton is an American actor with an impressive list of credits in both film and television including upcoming features in The Tourist, Lost in Florence and Trust No One.
The event will take place on Monday, October 3rd from 11AM – 3PM at the Student Centre. The first 50 people at event will receive a surprise giveaway!
Do people confuse you for Rick Grimes? Are you John Snow in the flesh? Then get in on our Cosplay Costume Contest (North Campus only) and get a chance to win some major prizes.
- 1st place: $250
- 2nd place: Raptors tickets
- 3rd place: $50
Keep scrolling for more details and contest rules!
- Contestant must be a Humber or Guelph-Humber student
- Judging panel will include: 1 IGNITE Exec, 1 IGNITE full-time Staff, 1 vendor/industry expert
- Judging criteria out of 30 points
- Accuracy of costume (10 points)
- Stage presence (10 points)
- Crowd interaction (10 points)
- All IGNITE Comic Expo attendees must comply with all Federal, Provincial, and local laws regarding weapons, imitation weapons, and props, as well as their usage.
- Attendees are reminded that while traveling to and from the event, to make sure due care is taken on your behalf to ensure any props, which could cause public harm, are stored in a bag or in a storage container.
- Attendees are, under no circumstances, allowed to possess or bring into the event any actual weapons. Unlawful possession of weapons is an offence and will result in removal from college property and possible prosecution.
- All props must be in plain sight at all times and are subject to mandatory inspection performed by IGNITE staff. As a general rule, no metal prop weapons are allowed.
- Any prop or item not covered in this policy must be inspected by IGNITE staff at the event entrance; these items will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.
IGNITE is dedicated to providing a harassment-free event experience. We do not tolerate harassment of attendees in any form. This includes, but is not limited to, physical assault, verbal harassment, sexual harassment, stalking, unwanted physical contact, or unwanted advances.
This event is a media-friendly event and videos and photos will be taken of attendees. However, engaging in any photography where the subject feels they are being stalked, exploited, degraded or disrespected is strictly prohibited. Should an attendee feel that photography/videography becomes harassing or sexual in nature, they should contact IGNITE staff, who will take steps to resolve the situation with the proper authorities.