IGNITE amplifies the voices of 30,000 students. We’re looking for the brave ones with brilliant ideas. Driven to shape your world into a better place. The ones who aren’t afraid to stand up for student rights to give you the programs and services you want and need. Sound like you?
The results have been tallied for IGNITE’s 2018 elections.
The following candidates have been elected for the following positions beginning April 30th, 2018:
Vice President North Campus:
Jeremy Largo Afonso
Vice President Lakeshore Campus:
Vice President Guelph- Humber Campus:
Board of Directors North:
Board of Directors Lakeshore:
Board of Directors Guelph-Humber:
Voting week ran from March 12th to March 16th and had a total of 8,489 student votes compared to 7,051 last year. This represents 28.3 % of eligible voters compared to last year’s 23.46%, representing year over year increase of 20.39%.
By-election – Board of Directors, Orangeville
We are currently seeking candidates who are interested in running for the position on the IGNITE Board of Directors, representing Orangeville campus.
Scroll down to download the Nomination Package!
Meet your candidates!
Polls are officially open for the IGNITE 2018 Elections. You can vote in several locations across campus, including:
- Student Centre
- AB building
- L building
- 2nd floor elevators
We also have staff roaming with Voting iPads for maximum convenience!
What does each position do?
- Plans and implements advocacy-specific initiatives to achieve IGNITE’s strategic goals
- Manages all Vice-Presidents in the execution of advocacy initiatives
- Represents IGNITE and the student body at-large on Humber/Guelph-Humber committee meetings, and in discussions with Humber administration
- Hosts key IGNITE events, and participate in media campaigns
- Long-term strategic outlook on the IGNITE brand, purpose and functionality
- Represents IGNITE as an official spokesperson at functions and events, as well as in interviews with on-campus media
Vice-President – North (1), Guelph-Humber (1), Lakeshore (1)
- Create innovative ideas, specifically:
- New service offerings, improvements to existing services
- New communications strategies, technologies and campaigns
- New club and volunteer strategies and improvements to existing club and volunteer strategies
- New event ideas and themes for major IGNITE events
- Represents IGNITE and the student body at-large on Humber/Guelph-Humber committee meetings, and in discussions with Administration
- Host IGNITE events, and participate in media campaigns
- Attends and participates in all Executive Committee and Board of Directors meetings
- Represent IGNITE as an official spokesperson at functions and events, as well as in interviews with on-campus media
Board Directors – North (4), Lakeshore (3), Guelph-Humber (2), Orangeville (1)
- Be accountable to the student body by proactively seeking input and feedback
- Act as an ambassador of IGNITE within the Humber and Guelph-Humber community
- Be responsible, approachable and accessible to all students, specifically those associated with your campus
- Set organizational priorities through an annual strategic planning and budgeting processes
- Safeguard and promote the welfare and interests of the student, whether intellectual, cultural, social, recreational or otherwise
Benefits of Running
- Make a difference
- Advocate for your peers
- Leadership development
- Make important decisions
- Networking opportunities
- Be part of a great team
- Enhance your employability
Qualities of a Good Candidate
- Hard working
- Pro at time management
- Strong communication skills
- Team player
- Passionate about advocacy
Monday Jan. 8 – Nominations open
Friday Feb. 9, 4pm – Nominations close
Thursday, Feb. 15 – All-Candidates Meeting, Lakeshore
Friday, Feb. 16 – All-Candidates Meeting, North
Tuesday, Feb. 20 – Campaign period begins
Thursday, Mar. 1 – Candidate Forum, Guelph-Humber
Monday, Mar. 5 – Candidate Forum, North
Tuesday, Mar. 6 – Candidate Forum, Lakeshore
Monday, Mar. 12 – Friday Mar. 16 – VOTING WEEK
Friday, Mar. 16, 5pm – Winners announced
Download your Nomination Package today!
IGNITE Nomination Package
Questions about Elections? Looking for alternative formats? Please contact Project Coordinator Vanessa Silaphet at: email@example.com