IGNITE Contest Rules & Regulations
This Promotion is intended for viewing and participation in Ontario, Canada only and shall be construed and evaluated according to the laws of Ontario. Please do not enter if you are not currently resident in, and not located in, Ontario at time of entry.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
- PROMOTION PERIOD: August 6, 2019 at 10:00:01 AM ET and ends April 23, 2020 at 11:59:59 PM ET (the “Promotion Period”).
- ELIGIBILITY: To enter and be eligible to win, you must be: (a) a currently registered student of Humber College or University of Guelph-Humber (with a current/valid student number as of the start of the Promotion Period*), (b) currently resident in Ontario, (c) at least 17 years of age at time of entry, and (d) have a valid email address. Persons in any of the following categories are NOT eligible to win a prize: (a) any person who, at any time on or after August 6, 2019, was or is a director, officer, agent, representative, or employee of IGNITE Student Union (“Sponsor”), or its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, or service agencies; (b) individuals engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for the Promotion or engaged in the administration or execution of this Promotion (collectively, with the entities listed in 2(a), the “Promotion Entities”); and (c) persons who are or purport to be immediate family members (defined as biological or step-mother/ father, sister, brother, daughter, son, dependent or spouse of any of the foregoing) of any person in any of the preceding categories, regardless of where they live, or who reside in the same household as any person in any of the preceding categories. Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and regulations.*Student numbers are validated according to records provided to Sponsor, and Sponsor shall not be responsible for the completeness or accuracy of such records.
- HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. You can enter by clicking on the link in an email sent by Sponsor describing the Promotion, or directly through the promotion website at (“Website”). You may then be required to confirm certain information to complete your registration in the Promotion, such as your valid student number. You will also be required to accept these Official Rules, and to complete a short survey.Limit of one (1) Sweepstakes entry per person/student number. If you enter or attempt to enter, more than once using any device or artifice to register multiple times or as multiple entrants, all of your entries may be declared null and void, and any prize you might have been entitled to will not be awarded. Robotic, programmed or any other automated means of online entry are prohibited and may result in disqualification of all such entries from the Promotion.In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant, the entry will be deemed to have been made by the authorized holder of the student number submitted with the Program registration. Each entrant may be required to show student identification for confirmation. If you do not have Internet access via a personal computer, your local library or Internet café may be able to provide access to the Internet and a number of Internet service providers and other companies offer free email accounts.
- RANDOM SWEEPSTAKES DRAW: On the dates listed below, at approximately 11:00 AM ET, an independent judging organization (the “Promotion Judges”) will randomly draw one (1) entry for the Sweepstakes Prize (the “Potential Winner”) from among all eligible entries received. The odds of winning a Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Potential Winner will be eligible to win the Sweepstakes Prize, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.Friday August 30, 2019
Friday September 27, 2019
Friday October 25, 2019
Friday November 29, 2019
Friday December 20, 2019
Friday January 31, 2020
Friday February 28, 2020
Friday March 27, 2020
Friday April 24, 2020
- SWEEPSTAKES PRIZES (9 available): The following Prizes are available to be won, monthly:CAD $1,000.00 cash, to be awarded as a cheque payable to the winner.
Prize is not transferable and must be accepted as awarded, with no substitutions of any kind, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion.
All federal, provincial and local taxes (including income and withholding taxes), if any, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the Winner’s responsibility, regardless of whether a prize is used in whole or in part. All prize details are at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- HOW TO CLAIM YOUR PRIZE: Potential Winner will be notified via email, beginning approximately September 6, 2019, with instructions on how to be confirmed as a winner and claim their prize. Potential Winner will be required to execute and return a Declaration and Complete Release and Waiver form to Sponsor’s office within seven (7) business days from the time the email prize notification is sent to Potential Winner, or the prize may be forfeited. Potential Winner will be required to correctly answer, without mechanical aid and/or assistance, a mathematical skill-testing question. If any Potential Winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, declines to accept a prize, or if Sponsor is unable to contact a Potential Winner within seven (7) business days, or in the event that a prize notification is returned undeliverable, the prize may be forfeited at the Sponsor’s sole discretion and awarded to an alternate winner. A prize won by an entrant who is eligible but still considered a minor will be awarded to a parent or legal guardian of such minor who must sign and return all required documentation outlined herein and otherwise comply with all requirements imposed on a Winner as set forth herein. Potential Winner (or parent/legal guardian where applicable) may be required to furnish proof of identification.Please allow 2-4 weeks for preparation of prize cheque for pick-up following verification. If Winner fails to pick up their prize within seven (7) business days from the time that Sponsor sends notification that the prize is ready, the prize may be forfeited at the Sponsor’s sole discretion and awarded to an alternate winner. Promotion Entities shall not be held responsible for any delays in awarding a prize for any reason outside of their control. Prize will only be delivered to a verified Winner. Any unclaimed prize will not be awarded. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of mailing address, email address, and/or telephone number of entrants.By accepting a prize, Winner agrees and consents to the use of his/her name, address (city and province of residence), voice, and statements relating to the Promotion or Sponsor, and photographs or other likenesses, without further compensation, notification or permission in any publicity or advertising carried out by Sponsor or any related entities in any and all media now known or hereinafter developed, including the internet, without territorial or time limitation, except where prohibited by law.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
- By entering, entrants (i) acknowledge and represent that they are in full compliance with these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements and, (ii) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and/or Promotion Judges, made in their sole discretion, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Entrants who have not complied with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification and all associated entries will be void.
- Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, stolen, misdirected, mutilated, garbled, illegible, or incomplete submissions of requests/entries. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of delivery. All entries become the property of Sponsor and in no case shall be returned to sender.
- Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant’s registration in the Promotion (and void all associated entries) or entitlement to a prize if, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, it determines or suspects that the entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by tampering, cheating, hacking, deception, or other fraudulent, deceptive or unfair playing practices (including any entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means or any other means which subvert the entry process).
- As a condition of entering, entrants (or as applicable, their parents or legal guardians if eligible minors) agree: (a) to release Sponsor and its parent, affiliates, and/or subsidiaries and Promotion Entities and each of their officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to participating in the Promotion or the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize or any travel or activity related thereto; (b) that under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, and in no event will entrants be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees and court costs.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Promotion Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Province of Ontario, without regard to its conflict of law principles. All entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, provincial and local courts for Toronto, Ontario.
- Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, modify and/or suspend this Promotion at any time if fraud, technical failures, including any network server or hardware failure, viruses, bugs, errors in programming, or any other errors or other causes (such as force majeure events) impairs the administration, security, integrity or proper play of the Promotion. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to randomly select the Winner from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received up to time of such cancellation. In no event will the Sponsor be liable for more than the stated number of prizes available in the prize category in question.
- Promotion Entities do not warrant that access to the Promotion will be uninterrupted. Promotion Entities are not responsible for any problems that may arise, including but not limited to: (a) lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet Service Providers, websites, or other connection, availability or accessibility problems arising in connection with or over the course of the Promotion; or (b) communications failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions or hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; or (c) failure of personal computers and/or software and hardware configurations, any technical malfunctions, failures, or difficulties, printing errors, clerical, typographical or other error in connection with the administration of the Promotion, the processing of entries, the offering or announcement of any prize or in any prize notification documents; or (d) for any other errors of any kind relating to or in connection with the Promotion, whether human, mechanical, clerical, electronic, or technical in nature; or (e) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information in connection with the Promotion; or (f) damage to a user’s system occasioned by participation in this Promotion or downloading any information necessary to participate in this Promotion. Promotion Entities are also not responsible for lost, late, delayed, garbled, stolen, incomplete, misdirected, illegible, damaged or undelivered email or entries. Proof of transmission (screenshots, etc.) does not constitute proof of delivery.
- Any attempt by an entrant or other individual, to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion, including but not limited to any fraudulent claims, may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorneys’ fees) from any such individual, to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entrants engaging in any of the foregoing activities may be disqualified (and all associated entries will be void) and will forfeit any prize(s) won. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- In the event of any conflict with any Promotion details contained in these Official Rules and Promotion details contained in Promotion Materials (including but not limited to point of sale, television, and print advertising, promotional packaging, and other promotion media), the details of the Promotion as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. In particular, Sponsor’s employees are not authorized to waive, modify or amend any provision or provisions of these Official Rules in any manner whatsoever.
- This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and municipal laws.
- This Promotion is solely sponsored by IGNITE Student Union, 205 Humber College Blvd., Room KX 202, Toronto, Ontario, M9W 5L7.