University of Guelph-Humber
2019-2020 Academic Program Representative (APR) Application
Are you interested in being a leader at UofGH and a voice for the peers in your program? If so, you should be a Academic Program Rep!
The Guelph-Humber Academic Program Representative program was created to help University of Guelph-Humber students safely voice concerns about their program to their student peers. The APR’s gather these concerns and bring them before the faculty, and work through the resolution process to help ensure these issues are addressed and dealt with.
For instance, do you feel like there’s a course in your program that isn’t as effective as it could be? The APR gathers that feedback from other students in the program and delivers it to the head of the program to help instill real change.
Not only is this a great opportunity for you to get more involved on campus, but to also build stronger relationships with those in your program and the faculty.
If you’re interested in applying, please submit a 500 word essay of why you’re interested in being an Academic Program Rep, along with your transcripts and resume. See below for all the details and the full application!
(1) Kinesiology APR
(1) Business APR
(1) Family & Community Social Services APR
(1) Media Studies APR
(1) Early Childhood Studies APR
(1) Justice Studies APR
(1) Psychology APR
You will provide a consistent, thoughtful, and researched student voice. Your job will revolve around unbiasedly gathering, analyzing, and representing student concerns and issues. Your term will run August 2019 – April 2020.
Specific duties will include:
- Meeting with your Program Head and Academic Advisor at the beginning of the semester
- Collecting and analyzing student feedback throughout the year
- Attending Curriculum Committee meetings to discuss the student feedback you have gathered and analyzed
- Updating students in your program about your Curriculum Committee meetings
- Writing a transition report at the end of each semester
- Maintaining open door communications with students in and outside the IGNITE Leadership Lounge
- Attending check-in meetings with Vice-President, Guelph-Humber (VPGH) and/or IGNITE Coordinator
APR positions are open to students in any year of study.
Students that meet the below criteria are eligible for consideration:
- Registered as a full-time or part-time U of GH student during both fall and winter semesters
- Maintains good academic standing
The ideal UofGH APR is:
- Ambitious and excited to seek student feedback
- Passionate about making positive changes to their respective U of GH program
- Eager to learn and self-motivated
- An individual with a long-term and strategic mindset
APR will receive an honorarium upon completion of their term. The honorarium value will be based on the APR performance throughout the year.
Deadline to apply: April 12, 2019.
The Guelph-Humber Academic Program Representative program is covered by the optional Student Leadership Development ancillary fee.
To apply, please fill out the form below. You will need to provide:
- Letter of interest (maximum 500 words)
- Unofficial academic transcript (no transcript needed for first year students)
If you have any questions, please contact Kristine Galvan, Clubs & Volunteer Coordinator.
Sorry. This form is no longer available.