University of Guelph-Humber
2018-2019 Academic Program Representative (APR) Application
(2) Kinesiology APR
(2) Business APR
(2) Family & Community Social Services APR
(2) Media Studies APR
(2) Early Childhood Studies APR
(2) Justice Studies APR
(2) Psychology APR
You will provide a consistent, thoughtful, and researched student voice. Your job will revolve around unbiasedly gathering, analyzing, and representing student concerns and issues. Your term will run May 1, 2018 – April 30, 2019.
Specific duties will include:
- Meeting with your Program Head and Academic Advisor at the beginning of the semester
- Collecting and analyzing student feedback throughout the year
- Attending Curriculum Committee meetings to discuss the student feedback you have gathered and analyzed
- Updating students in your program about your Curriculum Committee meetings
- Writing a transition report at the end of each semester
- Maintaining open door communications with students in and outside the IGNITE Leadership Lounge
- Attending check-in meetings with Vice-President, Guelph-Humber (VPGH) and/or IGNITE Coordinator
APR positions are open to students in any year of study.
Students that meet the below criteria are eligible for consideration:
- Registered as a full-time or part-time U of GH student during both fall and winter semesters
- Maintains good academic standing
The ideal U of GH APR is:
- Ambitious and excited to seek student feedback
- Passionate about making positive changes to their respective U of GH program
- Eager to learn and self-motivated
- An individual with a long-term and strategic mindset
APR will receive an honorarium upon completion of their term. The honorarium value will be based on the APR performance throughout the year.
March 19 – April 6, 2018 – Application period (deadline 4:00pm)
April 23 & 24, 2018 – Interviews
April 25, 2018 – Academic Program Representatives selected
To apply, please fill out the form below. You will need to provide:
- Letter of interest (maximum 500 words)
- Unofficial academic transcript (no transcript needed for first year students)
If you have any questions, please contact Kristine Galvan, Clubs & Volunteer Coordinator.
The application period for Guelph-Humber APRs has now closed.